Monday, August 6, 2012

Kombucha Day

Well, yesterday was supposed to be kombucha day but my scoby isn't quite ready.  I'll give it a couple more days.  I have my clean bottles out and ready.  I did try the apricot butter and cream cheese today.  Like everything else I've tried, it's very dense.  Man!  I ate half an english muffin with cream cheese and apricot butter and I started to feel full after just the half.  I ate the other half plain with just butter.  R was only able to eat half of a half with the cc/apricot on it.  I'm not sure if it's true or not, but I think I'm eating a little less now that I'm eating more nutrient dense foods.  I can't be sure.  I haven't been able to change my whole diet yet.  I did order a whole chicken from the farm I get my milk along with the head and feet (yuck!).  I will be making my first attempt at real chicken stock.  It should be interesting.

What else?.... I just gathered all the diapers, so I will be washing those in a few weeks.  It's very exciting!  I can't believe that I'll be seeing the midwife for my 30 week visit this week!  That just seems too close.  Things are going well and progressing normally.  Thank goodness.  Well, I think that's about it.  I have a picture of the apricot/cc snack that I made, but I don't know if I'll post it.  I will be posting a picture of my stock regardless of how successful it is.  And, for dork's sake, I'll post a picture of my newborn diaper stash.  It's pretty impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment