Friday, August 3, 2012

Nourishing Traditions

I have recently come across a "new" way of eating and cooking.  It's not really new at all, but it's new to me.  A few of my mama friends mentioned to me traditional foods and eating in a traditional way.  I had a friend in California mention it to me a few years ago actually and I had no clue what she was saying.  Haa!  Anyway...  So, the past couple of weeks I have been trying to incorporate this way of cooking and eating into our diet.  It's been tricky that's for sure.  Anyway... If you're interested check out the book or seminar called Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon.  Or, check out the book by Weston A. Price.  I can't remember the name right off.  I'll add it to the bottom of the post when I find the name.  I just wanted to share a couple of pictures of the things I have made today!

Grape Flavored Kombucha!  Yum!  



Buttermilk Biscuits (Someone may have stolen a biscuit before she thought to take a picture.) The flour was soaked for 12 hours before baking



Apricot Butter - I have no idea how this is going to be.  It was warm when I made it, so I couldn't tell.  See my kombucha in the back?  That's 2 gallons!  It should be ready for my second bottling in a few days.




So, that's what I've been up to.  A busy little bee!  I have to brag.  The apricot butter was made with homemade whey.  Yay!  I made my own whey!

No comments:

Post a Comment